|27 July 2016||Cape Town||2 Day(s)||R 8800 (ex. Vat)|
|5 October 2016||Johannesburg||2 Day(s)||R 8800 (ex. Vat)|
This course will review the fundamentals of Project Management and how to apply these principles to give participants the knowledge to effectively manage the implementation phase of solar PV projects.
What to expect from the course
The course covers the regulatory frameworks required as well as the implementation processes for a successfully managed grid-connected roof top solar PV project. The content is based on Terra Firma Solution’s engineering teams’ experience and includes best practice concepts within PV project implementation.
This course will instruct participants how to apply Project Management principles and strategies to the solar PV profession. The course will make use of principles and methodologies of the Project Management Professional (PMP) curriculum. The emphasis will be on the implementation phase of residential, commercial and industrial rooftop PV project applications. Concepts covered during the course can be applied to encompass the scope of the domestic, agricultural and ground mounted PV projects.
Benefits of attending the course
- Get a universal view on best practice for solar PV system installation from a project management perspective.
- Gain an understanding of the processes required to implement a residential, commercial and industrial rooftop PV project.
- Gain insights into how the PV construction phase fits into the comprehensive lifespan of solar PV systems.
- Learn from Industry Experts; gain skills from experienced working professionals.
- Gain your competitive edge in the solar PV market to become part of this quickly growing industry.
Who should attend?
- Solar PV Installers wanting to progress to the next level in their career
- Solar PV Project Managers involved in the rooftop space who want to refine and refresh their knowledge
- Project Managers who want to enter the Solar PV Industry
- Municipal or governmental employees looking to gain insight to manage solar PV installations
- Construction Site Managers, who need to understand the important processes of a Solar PV installation
- Engineering and Construction Companies looking to include Solar PV installation as a service in their business.
- Engineers who want to expand their knowledge in solar PV installations and offer this service to their clients.
- ‘Up-skillers’ within organisations who want to add more value to their company, grow their CV and understand this exciting new renewable energy industry
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained